Camp Eureka Presents
ZERO ROBOTICS WITH NASA AND MIT
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN PUERTO RICO, ZERO ROBOTICS ARRIVES TO OUR SHORES!
THE PROGRAM IS FREE!
The stars have aligned and Zero Robotics arrives to Puerto Rico just in time for the launch of the next FIRST® LEGO® League Season, INTO ORBIT! We are excited to announce that this summer middle school students will have the opportunity to work with real astronauts and real MIT students while they learn to program spheres in space. You do not want to miss this extraordinary opportunity!
To learn more about the Zero Robotics program please visit: http://zerorobotics.mit.edu
|Session Start Date||June 11, 2018|
|Teacher Training (FREE)||May 19, 2018|
|Field Day:||June 19, 2018|
|Session End Date||July 20|
|Final Competition (Teams return after session ends for a live competition in Space with live astronauts!||Aug 10th Teams will gather in one site (TBD)|
- Zero Cost
- Zero Materials (other than a computer and internet)
- Zero Gravity
- Curriculum is provided for FREE
- Training is provided FREE
- Eureka will provide local support to coaches and kids
- Teams can create their own schedule. The only requirement is that teams meet for a total of 15 hours per week
- Each student needs a computer and internet (Chrome or Firefox – not Explorer
- Puerto Rico teams will be supported by undergraduate research students from MT. They will be available online and by phone daily. (FREE)
How to get started:
Fill out site application at https://goo.gl/forms/wdKv5AqfuGmaLdMg2
Identify a teacher or adult who will coach the team
Identify a site (must have computers and internet and area for some recreational activities for students)
Have designated coach attend the mandatory training on May 19 @ EDP University
Establish your team schedule
Identify your team members
Launch the program and have fun!
Come back on August 10 for the FINAL COMPETITION ABOARD ISS! (inform your school early should you need to schedule the Final Competition as a Field Trip
IF you are interested in having your child participate and cannot find a team to join please fill out this form and we will put you on a list of interested parents. We will work with all our parents to creatively look at solutions to building enough teams so all kids have the opportunity to participate:
Click here to sign up for Interested Parent List